If you have any questions, please message me and I'll be glad to help you.
Thank you for visiting my website and taking the time to come and learnmore! My name is Rachel and all the items you see in my shop have been carefully and lovingly hand crafted by me!
Glass is one of my passions - I’m a glass artist specialising in lampwork beads.
I want to make your shopping experience with me an easy and enjoyable one and I can help you with this by:
- Putting as much information on each listing as I can and have good pictures … as you can’t pick up the pieces this is so important!
- Having clear terms and conditions, that way you know what to expect from me.
- Help you get what you want .Sometimes you may not find the exact item you are looking for (sometimes you might not know yourself) … I’m here to help. If you can’t find what you need, or need something changing a little – send me a convo with as much detail as you can (including what your project is) and I’ll do my best to come up with the best solution!
- Get your order out fast! No one likes to wait ages for an order right? Some pieces are one offs while others are made to order. You can see the lead times on each listing, and I always have the orders made and sent out before that time! But don’t just take my word for it, please read my reviews from me Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Puffafish
Beads that are made to order, you won't receive the exact ones in the picture, but the pictures are a good likeness for what you will receive.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
Contact me within: 5 days of delivery, Return items back within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept exchanges or cancellationsBut please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalised order
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
In the first instance, if you have a problem, please contact me and I will do my best to resolve your issue in a manner that is acceptable to both parties.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, I will be happy to arrange a refund of the goods (already made). Items should be returned to me undamaged and in the original packaging, fit for resale, within 14 days of original receipt. Unless agreed otherwise, cost of returns are the responsibility of the customer (including any customs costs if applicable).
For items that are made to order (these have a lead time of 1-3 weeks), sorry but I cannot accept cancellations. Returns can only be accepted if there is a fault with the item.
If you do not receive your order within 10 working days (UK) or 25 days (non UK) please notify me so that I can chase this up for you. Please ensure that I am notified no later than one calender month after posting (I send out posting notifications)
Any claims made, I will need to make againt my shipping company, unless stated this is Royal Mail. Before I can settle a claim to you, I first need to claim from them for missing / damaged items. http://www.royalmail.com Please note that in the case of larger claims Royal Mail's investigation can take upto 90 days.
To ensure a swift refund I would recommend using a tracked service to return items.
If you received any discount/offer ie free domestic shipping when you spend over £50, and you return any non-faulty items, if this takes your order to less than £50 then the P&P fee will be deducted from any refund.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
I accept paypal as my payment method - safe for both parties!
Even if you do not have an account with Paypal you can still take advantage of their secure online payment facility to pay at the checkout with a debit or credit card.
Custom orders need to be paid for in advance please.
Payment needs to be received within 24 hours, unpaid orders will be cancelled and items returned to the shop. If you experience a problem, please message me so that I can try and help.
Items may be reserved for up to 14 days, if you require something to be reserved please contact me and I will arrange this.
In some cases it maybe possible to cancel your order. However if it has been made to order for you, it may not be possible. There may also be a small charge for administration depending on status of the order and re-stocking fees. These will be advised and agreed before any alteration to the order.
Please ensure that you have the correct address set up on Paypal and or your account as I use this to create the shipping label. Please also ensure that you have a confirmed address otherwise this could result in a delay shipping your order, or in some cases the order may need to be cancelled. Some countries do not show address's as confirmed, if you are new customer I may contact you to verify your address.
If you have provided an incorrect address, and your goods are not delivered, I cannot be accountable for that. However, if the goods are returned to me via the postal system I will contact you to discuss re-delivery (but it can take a while for goods to get back to me)
I like to get my items fast - so I aim to get my orders out within 48 hours if ready made. Made to order can take 1-2 weeks on average, sometimes longer in busy periods, do contact me before ordering if timiing is an issue.
Items are sent out via Royal Mail standard delivery, if you require a special service please contact me before purchasing. I will confirm the price and update the listing accordingly for you. The standard Royal Mail option is not an insured service, and while I do get a certificate of posting I cannot be held responsible for lost packages with a value over £20. Tracked and insured options are available. In the event of a lost package, I will refund the appropriate amount once the claim has been settled by Royal Mail - http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/royal-mails-retail-compensation-policy-for-loss
Please note that in the case of larger claims Royal Mail's investigation can take upto 90 days.
Any duties or taxes applied to parcels sent overseas are the responsibility of the customer. Any charges from me are clearly displayed along with the shipping costs. However, if you are unclear please message me for clarification.
ADDITIONAL POLICIES & FAQ
All transactions are subject to UK law, and sales are to private individuals and not for re-sale. Please handle items with suitable care and do not leave with small children.
If the bead hole size is not stated on the listing and you have a specific requirement, please contact me to discuss before ordering. Different size mandrels can be used - they are generally between 1.6mm and 2.4mm for standard beads.
Colours - as with most colour items (think paints or wallpaper for examples) batches of glass and frit etc can vary from time to time. If you need to be sure of an exact colour match for a project you are working on, it is best that you buy them in one purchase. From time to time, depending on availability of materials a substitution may be made ... if this effect the finished product in anyway I will contact you before shipping and if you are unhappy I will either re-make or refund your purchase.
Some glass can colour shift under different light sources (especially transparent purples), please be sure to check them under natural light.
Sizes given are approx, and as part of their charm & characteristics, may have slight variations! Wouldn't it be boring if everything was all the same!!
Currency . As I'm in the UK I sell in Pounds Sterling GBP, and all prices quoted will be in this format. If you need to see this converted into your own currency, the best site I have found is XE. Com (as rates constantly vary it may not be 100% but it is very close and should be used as a guideline).
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you add a note on the order or contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and how I use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Rachel Bishop, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [email protected] or via the contact me section.